Beautiful and well-groomed hair is another important attribute that makes us attractive. Like skin, hair needs special care and traditional home care and salon procedures are not always enough for this. Under the influence of external factors, stress, hormonal disorders, the hair begins to dry, break, dandruff appears and, worst of all, they begin to fall out.
PRP plasma therapy is an innovative technology for the treatment of hair loss in a short time. Restoration of hair growth is due to increased tissue regeneration, stimulation of the hair follicles (dormant hair follicles).
The essence of plasma therapy in trichology is that a patient whose hair falls out is given a series of injections with a drug obtained from his own blood.
Thanks to platelet-rich plasma, the local immunity of the scalp is restored, which significantly reduces the risk of fungal infections. Activated platelets begin to actively secrete growth factors that promote rapid tissue regeneration. In addition, under the influence of plasma growth factors, blood circulation and metabolic processes are activated, the condition of the hair follicles improves significantly, which invariably leads to the improvement of the hair as a whole.
PRP therapy in trichology is used for:
- stimulation of hair growth
- awakening of dormant bulbs and increase in hair density
- treatment and prevention of hair loss
- improvement of hair structure
- treatment of seborrheic dermatitis (dandruff, dryness, itching)
- normalization of the sebaceous glands
- preparation of the scalp for hair transplantation
The main advantages of the procedure are:
- no side effects due to the use of the patient's own blood plasma;
- non-surgical nature of the procedure - injections into the scalp practically do not leave marks, do not violate the integrity of the tissues, do not lead to the formation of scars;
- PRP therapy, unlike hair transplantation, does not have a mechanical effect on the hair follicles, so the skin recovery process is very fast, the injection marks disappear after a few days.
- minimum number of possible complications
You should not have PRP for Hair Loss treatment done if you have any of the following conditions:
- low platelet count in the blood;
- psycho-emotional disorders;
- oncological diseases;
- pathologies associated with impaired blood clotting;
- inflammatory and infectious diseases;
- taking corticosteroids and blood thinners;
- pregnancy and breastfeeding period.
How is the procedure carried out?
For PRP therapy, venous blood is taken, and then platelet-rich plasma is separated in a special centrifuge. The resulting substance is injected into the scalp.If necessary, local anesthesia is used, thanks to which the patient does not experience any pain.
This leads to the activation of the hair follicles, which begin to produce healthy hair. In addition, after the procedure, the activity of the sebaceous glands is normalized, which makes it possible to eliminate many dermatological diseases.
PRP therapy is a safe and effective procedure. The results of treatment persist for two or more years.